TIPS FOR NEW USERS
- Scan barcodes and compare prices when your are in-store
- Simply scan a barcode in-store by touching the ‘barcode’ icon in the app to get all available published prices. We have over 200K product barcodes available. Also, if an item qualifies for Price Match at Target, Walmart, Toys-R-Us or BestBuy – just show the sales associate the Price Match screen to get that deal. This feature is only available for smartphones (iPhone and Android).
- Take advantage of in-app coupons
- We bring coupon codes (sometime known as promo codes) directly into the app for you. One you have clicked on an item, if a coupon is available, a coupon icon will appear in the upper right corner of your screen. Click here to reveal available coupons and special offers, just click to apply the coupon to your purchase.
- Add a personal touch to your online shopping
- Sign-in to TheFind with your Facebook account. Instantly, your search results will be tuned based on your Facebook likes. Note: we take privacy very seriously and will NEVER post to your Facebook timeline or share any of your personal information.
- Get organized and keep track of everything your buy online
- TheFind has partnered with Slice, to allow you to organize all of your online purchases in one place, no matter where you shop. With TheFind app for, you can track every online order, including ship date, expected arrival, return window and even your purchase receipts.
- What is TheFind?
- TheFind.com is a multi-device shopping platform dedicated to searching all the stores on the Web to find just the right products you are looking to buy. For every search, TheFind shows the top products from the most popular stores right on the first page of results, and delivers a visually compelling and efficient online shopping experience from your browser, or your mobile device or tablet.
- How does TheFind work?
- Our crawler navigates the Web on a mission to find and index all products from all online stores and boutiques. From this comprehensive set of items, our "Product Ranking Engine" matches each search to corresponding products and ranks results based on the most popular stores carrying those products. The result is that the top choices are displayed right on the first page of results.
- What is the ‘Product Ranking Engine’?
- That is our patent-pending technology that determines the order of all products and stores displayed in our search results. The "Product Ranking Engine" applies sophisticated algorithms to identify the most popular items and stores for any shopping-related search. We use a variety of factors to determine popularity and store ranking, and are constantly improving this experience to give you the best results on the first page every time.
- Do you sell products?
- We do not sell any products directly. TheFind is a shopping platform that connects shoppers with the products and the brands they love. Our search quickly finds the top products from the most popular stores. You simply click on any product to go directly to the store that sells it.
- What products do you display on your site/app?
- We specifically want you to find products that you can purchase online or in a local store. We do our best when crawling the Web to identify merchants offering products in US dollars, shipment services to the US, and online payment processing. Currently, we focus on consumer product areas and weed out spam sites, affiliate sites, comparison shopping sites, or sites with technical difficulties in order to provide you with the best search results as quickly as possible. We also do our best to carefully remove products of an adult nature to preserve a family-friendly environment.
HOW TO USE THEFIND
- Can I use TheFind on my mobile device or tablet?
- Yes, you can download TheFind for iPhone and iPad from the App Store and TheFind for Android from Google Play. In addition, you can always access TheFind.com from your mobile or tablet browser, out site is especially designed to work well from any device.
- Why do I need to sign in?
- For the best experience, we recommend that you connect TheFind to your Facebook account. This way your search results will be highly personalized to your own tastes and style. The more you shop, the more personal it becomes. It learns your taste and style from your searches, saves, likes and purchases, showing you more items from your favorite stores and brands. You can always shop at TheFind as a Guest, but your experience will not be personalized, and you can’t save your shopping information for future reference.
- What is a price alert?
- When you save a product (by checking it in our quick look window), we keep track of that product for you. If the price drops, we’ll send you an alert and let you know where you can purchase it for a lower price.
- How does Price Match work?
- Use TheFind’s iPhone app when you are in a store, to compare pricing on any item. Simply click the barcode icon to scan and search any of our 200 million product offers based on UPC barcodes. TheFind will identify all available matching products from both online and local stores. If the item is price match eligible, TheFind will let you know where and simply click to see the best-advertised price. Just show the screen to the sales associate to get the deal. Got questions on the policy? Just tap to view the store Price Match policy without losing your search.
- What if a product price shown on TheFind is different from the Merchant Site?
- As we crawl the Web often, we regularly refresh the index of products to update the merchant prices. However, in some cases a price difference may occur if a merchant changes product prices in between our updates. In instances where a merchant's price is different from the one shown on TheFind.com or any of our apps, please note that the merchant's site is considered the correct retail price, and we apologize in advance for our incorrect presentation. We are continually working to speed up how quickly we refresh the merchants. products to minimize the potential for such price inaccuracies.
- Mountain View, CA
- Siva Kumar, CEO
- Shashikant Khandelwal, CTO
- Founded in 2006
- Bain Capital Ventures,
- Lightspeed Venture Partners,
- Redpoint Ventures
A Few Stats
- We've already helped over 1 Billion shoppers find what they were looking for
- TheFind searches 500 Million Products across 500,000 stores
- 100 Million products are added and/or updated daily to TheFind
- We’ve got 7 patents